Sunday 6 March 2011

Evaluation : Question 4 - How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

In this day and age, we are surrounding by an almost ridiculous amount of technology. We have something for everything, and I'm a firm believer that with the right technology you can create anything.

Cameras
- Panasonic DV digital cameraI had to use this camera to shoot my music video, even though I hoped to be in contact with the HD camera, as for some of my shots with the bright sunshine. I wanted to be able to pick it up in a way that wasn't distorted. Unfortunatly there were limited numbers, so I did the best I could with the Panasonic. I really learnt how to get the best out of this camera, in terms of zooming, and positioning it in a way where the lighting is perfect.



Computer Software
- Premiere Pro (Adobe)
I had used premiere a few times in my first year at college, and n
ever before, before that so my knowledge about it was very basic. All I could do was import a video clip into the software and then cut each clip down. I wasn't away of all the other things i can now do, like rendering for example, and video effects and transitions. Whilst I was filming, I very stupidly shot some of my clips in a portrait view, when it should of all been in a landscape view. But thanks to premiere I could rotate my clips on the timeline to make them fit back into the rest of my video. Without this software I most definitely would not of created the video I did.
- Onlocation (Adobe) This link into Premiere Pro alot, as i had no idea what this software was untill I came across it to use it. But I managed to use it to import and record all the clips i needed to edit.

Websites
- Youtube
Youtube is one of those sites that i had been using for a number of years prior to this project, but never been able to upload my own videos onto. I managed to create a succesfull youtube account, something which took me many tries, and then upload and share my music video.
- Facebook
Again this is something that I've been using for a long time, but never to its full potential. Thanks to things like status's and sharing videos I was able to create a set of auidence feedback results that really helped me to evaluate my video, and see whether I had something succesfull.

Phones
-Blackberry
On my blackberry I was able to log into my blog whenever I wanted to, I was able to check my emails and calender to make sure i was keeping up to date on my time plan, I was able to get onto facebook to check any video responses, and I was also able to play the song through websites like youtube and myspace If i needed be.







In relation to technological determinism, I definitely think that the lack of new technology hindered my final product. If I for example had gotten hold of a HD camera, I would of been able to produce something of a higher quality, and I think that i would of been a lot more inspired by what my camera was capable. But I also think that I worked well with what I had, and I wasnt exactly stumped at the lack of good technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment